Saturday, April 18, 2009

Caregiver's April (09) Fellowship



Only God knows the extent of the heavy hearts that walked through the doors of Ida's welcoming home. Laughter, tears, sighs, smiles, hugs, a gentle touch...all were and are a part of this incredible ministry. Only God knows the oasis these get togethers are for our weary souls and bodies. We had new faces, same faces and faces we hadn't seen in a while...we had a pretty big group - thank you Jesus! We shared a yummy meal together and an awesome dessert (thank you Diana!). We sang together and then we lifted our burdens to the LORD in prayer...does it get any better than that?! Ida shared with us from God's Word and from her heart.

Philemon 4-7 - I thank my God, making mention of you always in my prayers, hearing of your love and faith which you have toward the LORD Jesus and toward all the saints, that the sharing of your faith may become effective by the acknowledgement of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus. For we have great joy and consolation in your love, because the hearts of the saints have been refreshed by you, brother. (vv. 20-22)-Yes, brother, let me have joy from you in the LORD; refresh my heart in the LORD. Having confidence in your obedience, I write to you, knowing that you will do even more than I say. But, meanwhile, also prepare a guest room for me, for I trust that through your prayers I shall be granted to you.

What a beautiful picture of the love of the brethren. The care and concern for one another. That call, that card, that visit, those prayers - what an impact and lifting up of hearts that can do.

We all left, once again, encouraged, refreshed, knowing that we are not alone in this incredible journey. Knowing that we have the LORD and others who totally understand what we go through.

To walk on this journey along side these awesome ladies is quite a privilege.

No comments: